I Can See!

I got new glasses! My last pair had progressive lenses that my eyes had evolved out of, and I could see better without them, up close anyway. I was constantly misplacing them because I would take them off to stitch or read or do a crossword puzzle, and then of course couldn't see to find them again.

Not that the new ones will prevent such absent minded blindness. (Please, don't suggest idiot strings.) But I do think they make me look more intelligent. (Now, if I could just refrain from posing in front of empty beer cans, the illusion would be complete!)

Comments

  1. You look very studious, Heather! Amazing how important glasses are, huh? I was reminded of this when I broke mine awhile back and went nuts trying to see what I was doing for the 24 hrs it took to get them repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 PM

    looking very professor-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:47 PM

    If you want to give your new specs a good workout I recommend the BBC production of North South. Have you already seen it? Just watched it. Sort of like Jane Austen in the industrial revolution. The main setting is a northern England cotton milling town. The scenes of the massive machinery in the factories is frightening and fascinating. Good summer entertainment.
    Jean-Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them. They look like mine. Large functional black frames. Are they Fendi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri,
    Thanks! They are actually Bertelli, not expensive and kind of a dark metallic brown, not black.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.