Another Vancouver Swap-O-Rama-Rama


I survived a very busy weekend! Not only was my studio open for the Eastside Culture Crawl, it was Swap-O-Rama-Rama on Sunday. I think it was our best yet!

We had about 350 people through the door, close to previous events, but this time people stuck around longer, trying out the crafts and sewing machines.

Bill shows off his modded shirt. There's a lovely screenprint on the back too, courtesy of Inkspoon Print Syndicate.

The stencilling table was very popular. Thanks to Jacquie for the pic - check out her posting on the Swap here.

DJ's Rockerbiff and Sunny Boy provided ska and soul beats - people even danced!

Gretchen Elsner told the stories behind her creations. Her environment has such an influence on her work - one jacket was inspired by the 1000 Parker studio building we both work in. A gorgeous patchwork dress reflected Gretchen's experience of taking a pee in the woods (of all things!) She has got to be the most creative person I have ever met! (And you can tell from the photo that we went with a totally spontaneous approach, didn't even tidy up the stage.)

Our volunteers were once again heroic and so generous with their time and energy. I can't thank them enough.

To my great dismay, the hall (Grandview Legion) is not wheelchair accessible and one lady was not able to get up the long flight of stairs. I feel so badly about that. It's one of those things I just assumed the Legion would have - being veterans and all.

So, the next Swap starts with a list:
1. Book hall with access for everyone!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    looks like a good time! how are you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please forgive me for using word verification. The spam robots got to me.